insatiable record collector geek...glam rock fanatic...disco dancing maniac...studied arduously to get my PhD in punk rock with a minor in new wave...i'm just a prisoner..…
I'm sorry Lou didn't meet your standards of "singing". I for one have always felt that the most effective and satisfying rock 'n roll had more to do with feeling than technique. And if you honestly think that a child of 13 years has an inkling as to what " New York hipsterism" , as you refer to it, even is, you are more of a cynic than a believer in the enormous power of music.
I've tried this sauce and, I gotta tell ya, IT ROCKS!
Shae: excellent choice...I'm a huge Dylan fan and I love "Planet Waves". Nice to see others who like it too!
Nice job, Leilani! What a cool experience and opportunity to talk to someone of this stature. Awesome!
As requested, here's the set list from night #2, Tuesday night's show:
01. Trouble-(Yusuf Islam)
02. Brain Damage-(Waters)
04. Cant Keep
05. Without You
06. Man Of The Hour
07. I Am Mine
08. Needle and The Damage Done-(Young)
11. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
12. ?(Improv)? (appears to be extemporaneous lyrics about nature and change. Runs directly into the next song)
13. Far Behind
15. Good Woman-(Chan Marshall)
16. Parting Ways
Encore Break 1
19. Santa Cruz
21. Pump Organ
22. Just Breathe
23. Corduroy (played on acoustic guitar)
24. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Hannan)
25. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Bryant, Bryant) [busking-no mics or PA)
26. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglov)
27. Rockin In The Free World-(Young)
Encore Break 2
28. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard-(Petersong)
29. Dream A Little Dream-(Gus Kahn, Wilbur Schwandt, Fabian Andree)
Thanks Eve! I'm working on getting Tuesday night's set list. If I do get it, I'll be sure to post it here.
Not up in the front, Dave...the sweat was pouring off of us up there...not a complaint; we were tightly packed up there by choice and we enjoyed the hell out of it that way...
All Comments »
Powered by Foundation