Creative Loafing Arts and Entertainment Editor Julie Garisto is a proud University of South Florida grad and has worked at local newspapers over the past…
plugging away, puttering, plugging away ...
Nice way to ease into a new week.
Mina, thanks for the honesty. I appreciate you, and your willingness just coming out of school to stretch your wings and try your hand and new modes of journalistic writing. Wisdom is a relative thing. The types of people who dash off an insult don't realize that they may be in the position one day to have to share their observations — perhaps something you're knowledgeable about and they're not— and may also come across in a manner that smacks of a "high schooler" tone — but in all likelihood people lacking in tact, people who pass off judgment so blithely, would be too afraid of what others think to go out on a limb and learn something new at the risk of being ridiculed themselves.
This is great. Obrigado, Morningbell, for always surprising us and making lovely music. ... Hey, did Leilani write it? (Seems so.) Don't see a byline.
Tom, I looked for you. Hope we can be in touch in the future!
Hi, Homer, it may because other activities are included. From Frenchy's website: Sandcastles In the Sun Tour-by Ocean Potion with guest appearance by Kirk Rademaker from the Travel Channel’s Sand Masters.
· Clearwater Marine Aquarium Night at Sunset Cinema-red carpet meet & greet with Winter Mascot & Dolphin Tale movie.
· Sugar Sand Circus-stunning aerial silk acrobatics, trapeze, and death-defying rope walking, family-friendly variety show.
· Sunsets at Pier 60-artisans, street performers and live entertainment.
· “Sugar Sand Moments”-event-themed retail, beauty, food and beverage discounts celebrated locally during the festival.
· Bright House Networks Sand Blast Fireworks-will light up the night sky over Pier 60 on April 27.
Have fun, Andrew and Mike!
And thanks Dan Sullivan, Leilani Polk, Todd Bates, Joran Oppelt and anyone else working overtime to make this happen. Look forward to reading it.
Absolutely no chance in hell that the movie could have been as funny as your headline! Good one!
Great job, Staz. Wish I could have gone. Was out reviewing Mike Birbiglia at the Straz that night (which I still need to write, so you beat me to it!)
All Comments »
Powered by Foundation