Sharon Herman AAMS, ADPA (who also writes a financial planning column for CLGBT) and attorney Mary Greenwood will host a free meet and greet on Sunday, Oct. 20, 11:30 a.m., to address questions pertaining to DOMA, and LGBT estate planning and investing.
They will also discuss how living in Florida, where same-sex marriage isn’t legal, as a gay couple affects you financially.
Here are just a few of the questions that might be addressed:
• What happens if I get married in a state outside of a Florida?
• What happens to my assets if I pass away before my spouse?
• How is my Social Security affected?
• Can I take advantage of the Family Leave Act in a Florida?
• What about my estate taxes?
• Can my partner be forced to leave our home after when I'm deceased?
The event takes place at Holy Spirit Ecumenical Catholic Church, 6152 126th, Suite 500, Largo. For more information, go here.